Privacy at TeAro Estate
- TeAro Estate trading as TeAro Estate has a commitment to privacy in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act (Privacy Principles). The Privacy Principles are designed to protect the confidentiality of personal information and the privacy of individuals by regulating the way personal information is managed.
- The Privacy Principles define "personal information" as information or an opinion relating to an individual which can be used to identify that individual.
- TeAro Estate views the privacy of personal information as an important issue.
- We understand that when interacting with us the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information is important to you. That is why we are committed to safeguarding the personal information you provide us.
Collection and use of personal information
TeAro Estate may collect or already hold personal information about you as a result of information that you have provided to TeAro Estate, our interactions with you and/or your business dealings with TeAro Estate, including without limitation:
- contact information such as your name, postal address and email address;
- employment details;
- financial and tax related information such as tax file numbers, bank account numbers and land holdings;
- other information which will assist TeAro Estate in conducting its business and to provide its products and services; and
- other information provided at TeAro Estate's request.
When you access a TeAro Estate website, the type of information TeAro Estate may also collect includes without limitation:
- your server address and domain name;
- your e-mail address; the date and time of your visit to our website; and
- information regarding the web pages accessed, the previous website visited and the type of browser used, which information may be used for marketing purposes, to identify the most useful and popular sections of the website and to generally improve the website.
- Except where your consent has been provided, your personal information will only be used for the primary purpose for which it is collected. We may expressly communicate this purpose to you or it may be clear from the nature of our dealings with you.
- TeAro Estate may also disclose or transfer your personal information where necessary to companies which are "related bodies corporate" of TeAro Estate (as defined in the Corporations Act) and in some circumstances those companies will be international entities. Generally, we will ensure that an international entity is bound by privacy obligations equivalent to the Privacy Principles before we disclose or transfer your personal information to it.
- TeAro Estate may also disclose or transfer your personal information to other companies or individuals who assist us in providing products or services or who perform functions on our behalf (such as marketing or advertising companies, mailing houses, consultants, credit providers and service providers).
- TeAro Estate may also use your personal information for any purpose required or permitted by law.on our behalf (such as marketing or advertising companies, mailing houses, consultants, credit providers and service providers).
- TeAro Estate is committed to keeping your personal information secure. All reasonable precautions will be taken to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration.
- While we endeavor to keep information and materials on our websites, including those provided by you or on your behalf, secure and confidential, we will not be responsible for any breach of security caused by third parties and do not represent that our websites are completely secure.
TeAro Estate, in common with many website providers, may use standard technology called cookies on its websites. Cookies are small data files that are downloaded onto your computer when you visit a particular website. You can disable cookies by turning them off in your browser, however some areas of the website may not function properly if you do so.
Accessing personal information
If you wish to access or update your personal information held by TeAro Estate, or to complain about possible breaches of privacy, enquiries should be directed to:
PO Box 274, Williamstown, SA 5351, Australia
Facsimile: 08 8524 6863
- The Privacy Officer will endeavour to deal all enquiries or complaints as soon as is reasonably practicable.
Accuracy and completeness of personal information
- TeAro Estate will assume that any personal information provided by you is up to date and complete at the time it is provided, is free from errors and omissions, is not misleading or deceptive and complies with all relevant laws.
- TeAro Estate relies on the personal information provided to it by individuals. TeAro Estate does not undertake to check or verify the accuracy of the personal information provided.
- Persons who provide personal information to TeAro Estate should provide details of any changes to that personal information as soon as reasonably practicable following the change.